I’ve been getting a lot of questions about my leg workout routine so I figured I’d share an example of what typical leg day is for me. For the most part, I fit in two leg days per week because in order to get the results you want, you HAVE TO work your legs hard. Think about it– we use our legs every day. It’s probably one of our most, if not THE most utilized part of our body so the only way to get the legs of your dreams is to push them as hard as you can. Below is a list of some of my favorite leg workouts, and video links on how to perform these safely. Please keep in mind– I’m not telling you to lift more than your body can handle. We are all in different stages of our fitness and it’s SO important to choose a weight that is comfortable for you, and allows you to complete your desired amount of reps CORRECTLY. Without further adieu, here are SOME of my leg workouts.
- Squat rack: 4 sets of 10 reps; squatting 135 lbs (45 lb plates on each side of the bar)
- Romanian deadlifts: 4 sets of 10 reps; lifting 135 lbs (45 lb plates on each side of the bar)
- Regular deadlifts: 4 sets of 10 reps; lifting 135 lbs (45 lb plates on each side of the bar)
- Leg Press machine: 4 sets of 12-15 reps; lifting 90-180 lbs (either one 45 lb plate, or two 45 lb plates on each side)
- Walking/Stagnant lunges: 4 sets of 15; using 40 lb bar or 15-20 lb dumbbells
- Fire Hydrants: 3 sets on each leg for 1-minute each; don’t alternate. Do one leg at a time for 1-minute each. You can even strap on some 5 lb weights on your ankles if you’re feeling brave, I got mine from Target
- Curtsy Lunges: 4 sets on each leg doing 18 reps with a 30 lb bar. The lady in the video alternates her legs, but I recommend focusing on one leg at a time for the best burn possible.
- Seated Calf raises: 4 sets of 15 using a 45 lb plate (if the machine you’re using is the one like the video). I like to go at a slow and steady pace to really get that muscle burn I’m looking for. I’m almost cramping when I’m on this machine
- Leg Adductions: 4 sets of 15-18 set to 110 lbs
- Leg Abductions: 4 sets of 15-18 set to 110 lbs
I hope to share more fitness tips and videos as my blog grows and more requests for these types of posts come in. I’m trying to figure out the legal technicalities behind filming my workouts in a public gym full of people. I’m also thinking about taking my workouts live on my IG (I just have major stage fright!). If you’d like to see more posts, videos and my personal tips feel free to comment below or reach out to me via Instagram @_candiceann_
Happy Training! XOXO <3