Skincare should start now
Ever since I hit 30, keeping my skin moisturized and getting into a strict skincare routine has been important. Outside of using anti-aging creams, I’ve always believed that it’s essential to stimulate your skin by giving yourself facial massages to increase blood flow and oxygen to your skin, resulting in glowing skin and other anti-aging benefits. I discovered a skincare tool that gives you all of the benefits of facial massages PLUS MORE and it’s called… (drum roll please…) A Jade Roller!
Benefits of Jade Rolling
- Improves blood circulation and skin tone
- Assists in lymphatic drainage (rejuvenates, helps slim your face by eliminate excess fluids, strengthens facial muscles… I could go on forever)
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkels
- Diminishes puffiness
- Tightens pores
- Eliminates toxins
- Reduces the appearance of dark under-eye circles
Jade Rolling=Good Vibes
If you’re a believer in the spiritual power of stones, jade is associated with protecting yourself against negative energy and balancing your body’s energetic life force.
I honestly love this nifty little tool and I feel like I get the most of my skincare products when I use this.
Here’s how I use it:
- Wash your face
- Apply your favorite facial oil and/or moisturizer to your face. (For daytime, I mix Korres Wild Rose Brightening Targeted Tone Correcter with Trader Joe’s Rose Facial Oil. For nighttime, I use Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask with Trader Joe’s Rose Facial Oil)
- Time to use your Jade Roller! PRO TIP: put yours in the fridge for the ultimate experience
- Use the Jade Roller to help absorb your products into your skin–making sure you roll in an upward motion. Roll in the same spot 3-5 times before moving on to the next area. For your eye area, use the small end of the roller to get really focused on that area. PRO TIP: I also roll over my lips! I end up with smoother, plumper kissers 🙂
You’re done! Apply your makeup as usual, wipe down your roller, and place it back in the fridge. Here’s a great video on how to use this skincare game changer!