You know why I love summer time? Because it’s the best time of the year to go on vacation! I definitely should have been a summer baby. I enjoy the sun, the tans, the top knots, the swimsuits… EVERYTHING!
My boo and I are getting ready for our vacation to Miami and I can hardly wait. Packing for summer vacations are so easy because your attire isn’t as bulky and summertime skin, hair and makeup is effortless. Naturally, I’ll be coming equipped with the usual: bikinis (yes– plural), cute outfits, sandals, beach blanket, sunscreen and camera, but there are some items that I love and would never leave behind. Here are my hair and makeup essentials (click the links to shop for these products):
- Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo: not only does this smell like a sexy tropical vacation, it is GREAT for maintaining your hair in-between washes. I wash my hair once a week and it keeps my hair from looking oily, and keeps the texture looking great
- Not Your Mother’s Way to Grow leave-in conditioner: after I wash my hair, I apply this great product to damp hair and style as usual. My hair is left feeling soft, healthy and bouncy
- Benefit Cosmetics POREfressional Invisible Finish Mattifying Gel: I put this product on my freshly cleaned skin before applying my tinted moisturizer. I don’t know about you, but my skin tends to get shiny throughout the day and this powerful gel always kicks in to fight shine off
- Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector: I don’t ever use foundation because personally, it’s too heavy for me and I feel like my skin suffocates with foundation. Instead, I use this awesome tinted moisturizer (SPF 20). My natural skin looks perfected and I can wear this all day
- Benefit Cosmetics Coralista Blush Powder: this blush adds the perfect amount of color and glow to your cheeks and it’s PERFECT for summer. The color applies lightly to the skin, but adds just enough color to bring out your natural beauty and sun-kissed glow
- MAKE UP FOREVER Aqua Brow: I use this product with an angled brush and when I say my brows last all day, HONEY– they last ALL DAY
- MAKE UP FOREVER Tinted Brow Groomer: after I get my eyebrows just where I want them with my Aqua Brow gel, I use this tinted groomer to come my eyebrow hairs to keep them in place and darken the hairs
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray: like I said, I have a shiny skin problem and after I apply my makeup, I spray this lifesaver in a bottle on my face. A little goes a long way and it keeps your makeup in place all day, while controlling the shine
- MAKE UP FOREVER HD Microfinishing Loose Powder: this product is the holy grail of translucent powders and it’s my final step when I do wear makeup. After I apply all of my makeup (tinted moisturizer, blush, eyebrows, setting spray, etc.), I take a large face brush, dip it into this powder and lightly brush over my face. This weightless product blurs out imperfections in your skin. Can you say, “great photos?”
I can’t wait to share the rest of this trip with you and I hope you get to try out these amazing products.
Happy summer! –Candice XOXO