I don’t know about you, but for me, Sunday is beauty routine day. I deep condition my hair before washing it, I exfoliate my skin and I like to experiment with different facial masks. Yesterday, I used one of my favorite fruits– the dragon fruit. Known for it’s spikey red flesh and white seeded fruit, dragon fruit is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that can treat acne, fight the signs of aging, promote skin health and provides essential moisture for skin. It’s not easy to find this sacred fruit at your local supermarket so I recommend stopping by your nearest Asian supermarket to find it.
This facial mask only requires two ingredients- 1/2 of a dragon fruit and 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt. YES- yogurt is great for your skin. Yogurt contains lactic acid, which dissolves dead skin cells. It also gives your skin a natural glow, prevents breakouts and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Here’s what to do:
- Cut your dragon fruit in half and remove the fruit from the skin
- Mash the dragon fruit until it’s smooth
- Add 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt- I used Fage Greek Yogurt for my mask
- Mix the two ingredients well with a spoon
- Wash your face with your favorite cleanser
- Apply to your skin and let it sit for 15 minutes, or until the mask is completely dry- you will literally feel your skin firming!
- Save leftovers in an airtight container and place it in the fridge for about a week and a half
- Repeat as desired- I like to do this every 2-3 days until I’ve used most of the recipe
As soon as I washed this off, I could see the glow and my skin felt tighter. and you will feel the mask working almost instantly. I totally believe in wearing your food and I highly recommend this mask as part of your beauty routine.
Happy masking! –Candice XOXO